It is National Epilepsy Awareness Month.
Many people do not know there is more than one type of seizure. There are in fact, many types of seizures. If you suspect someone is having a seizure please remember these few points:
1. Stay calm; most seizures last only a few minutes
2. Prevent injury by moving any nearby objects out of the way.
3. Pay attention to the length of the seizure.
4 make the person as comfortable as possible.
5. Keep onlookers away.
6. Do NOT hold the person down.
7. Do NOT put anything in the person’s mouth.
8. Do NOT give the person water, pills, or food until the person is fully alert.
9. If the seizure continues for longer than five minutes, call 911.
10. Be sensitive and supportive, and ask others to do the same.